Ohio State—Penn State History Lesson
• This will be the 26th meeting between Ohio State and Penn State.
• Ohio State leads the all-time series 13-12-0 (the first meeting was in 1912).
• Ohio State is 6-2 in the last eight meetings vs. Penn State.
• Ohio State has lost just twice at home to Penn State since 1978.
• Ohio State is 26-2 against unranked conference opponents, dating back to 2005.
• Ohio State's defense has allowed just one 100-yard rusher in their last 32 games.
• Terrelle Pryor is now 27-4 as Ohio State's starting quarterback.
• Jim Tressel is 6-3 overall (3-1 at home, 3-2 on the road) vs. Penn State.
• Penn State is 7-8 on the road all-time vs. Ohio State.
• Penn State has never scored more than 13 points vs. Ohio State in Columbus.
• Penn State is 6-11 vs. Ohio State since joining the Big Ten in 1993.
• Penn State has one outright and two shared Big Ten titles: 1994, 2005, and 2008.
• Joe Paterno is 8-13 vs. Ohio State as Penn State's head coach (1966-2009).
• This is Joe Paterno's 45th season as Penn State head coach and he is the DI leader with 400 career wins.
Brief Game Outlook
Penn State has been playing better as of late, but this will be Matt McGloin's 1st Big Ten road start and he has not faced a defense like what he will be facing today.
Ohio State is No. 1 against the run, No. 1 against the pass, and they have the top defensive unit in both points and total yardage allowed.
A win by the Nittany Lions today would be a shocker, and would end the Buckeyes hopes of a sixth straight shared or outright Big 10 title.
Don't worry Buckeye fans, and don't hold your breath PSU fans...
Final Score Prediction
Ohio State 37
Penn State 9