Many of you that follow the site know that I am a weekly top 25 voter in The Best Damn Poll In The Land.
It wasn't easy this week, but I basically all but ignored my preseason and week one rankings, instead preferring to rank the teams on my ballot this week from scratch, based on what I've seen so far through week two.
Here is what I came up with for my top 25 ballot this week.
1. ALABAMA - Here until they lose, or barely win really ugly vs. an inferior team
2. OHIO STATE - Proved they have a great overall team in win over Miami-FL
3. TCU - Best "mid-major", touting star QB Andy Dalton and a great "D"
4. NEBRASKA - Great defense, good QB and very good running back in Helu Jr
5. BOISE STATE - Still top 5 but the Va Tech loss to James Madison hurt them
6. IOWA - QB Stanzi and RB Robinson are playing great, plus still great on "D"
7. OREGON - Two great backs and even with slow start vs. Tenn, still blew them out
8. OKLAHOMA - Proved they were a top 10 team even though FSU was picked to upset them
9. WISCONSIN - Played down to the competition in week 2 but still worthy of this slot
10. TEXAS - UT won easily over a veteran Wyoming team and rounds out the top 10
11. STANFORD - Andrew Luck is one of the nation's best QB's and Stanford killed UCLA
12. ARKANSAS - Ryan Mallet has been lights out and Hogs might challenge Bama in SEC West
13. UTAH - Looking good at 2-0 but we will know more later when they face TCU and
14. TEXAS A&M - Super tough schedule coming but looking good so far, especially QB Jerrod Johnson
15. MICHIGAN - QB Denard Robinson has UM at 2-0 with his nearly 900 yards of offense
16. FLORIDA - John Brantley is no Tim Tebow and UF is extremely fortunate to be 2-0
17. HOUSTON - Case Keenum was injured this past week but if he doesn't miss any games, Houston should remain in the top 25
18. SOUTH CAROLINA - The Gamecocks entered my top 25 after RB Marcus Lattimore emerged and their solid "D" helped them beat previously ranked Georgia
19. MISSOURI - The Tigers could challenge Nebraska in the Big 12, and QB Blaine
Gabbert is underrated
20. AUBURN - QB Cam Newton has nearly 600 total yards and has already scored seven TDs for the 2-0 Tigers
21. MARYLAND - They aren't flashy but I really like RB Davin Meggett and the 2-0 Terps have a pretty stingy defense
22. LSU - Last week I dropped the Tigers after their narrow win over a depleted UNC team, but not this week, only because there was really no one worth moving ahead of them
23. NEVADA - I don't care what anyone say, Wolfpack QB Colin Kaepernick is amazing and he alone is worth this ranking
24. CALIFORNIA - The Bears, who face Nevada next Friday in what could be a real dandy, are 2-0 and have emerging stars in both QB Kevin Riley and RB Shane Vereen
25. AIR FORCE - The Falcons just beat BYU to go 2-0, and are leading the nation with (and this is not a typo) over 420 rushing yards per game