Saturday, March 7, 2009

With DUKE-CAROLINA Looming on Sunday...

by HD Handshoe
Founder
BlockONation.com




I thought why not broaden the horizons here on BlockONation, especially since I am a 21-year veteran DUKE fan!

I have accomplished the uncommon feat of being a fan of two of the teams involved in the two best and most heated rivalries in all of sports.

You see, I was born a Buckeye and I am about as big of a Buckeye football fan there is and ever was. The roots of my disdain for that team from up North are forever nestled deep within me, right to my very core.

Though that is a great part of my make-up, that is not all that defines me.

As a young boy, basketball was my first love. I ate, drank, slept (and played) basketball, specifically college basketball, 24/7.

From the very first time I saw Duke University play on TV, that was it. I was on the bandwagon and I have been ever since.

The year was 1988. My first ever favorite Duke player may come as a shock to some, but if you know anything about him and about college basketball during that era, you won't be too surprised at all to learn it was Danny Ferry. I could go on about him but instead, all I will say is that guy could play!

I'm still pretty young, but my bucket list includes making the trip to Durham at least once to watch a Blue Devils home game live in person, preferably when they are playing (and thumping) the Tarheels!

Before I end this so that you may enjoy the videos I've included below, I just want to add that while I don't hate the University of North Carolina or the Tarheels basketball team as much as I hate the university and football team from Ann Arbor, it's a very close second.

Oddly enough, I NEVER liked any football player from UM, but I must confess, school allegiance aside, I loved watching Michael Jordan as a kid. But in my defense—who didn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you really like or really hate one of our articles?

Do you agree or absolutely disagree with something you've read here?

WE WANT TO KNOW SO PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS!

You can post anonymously or add your name if you like.

Either way, registration is NOT required!

BlockONation's Expanding Web Presence

6/05/2009

Numerous BlockONation articles have been posted on or linked to from some very well known, high-volume sports websites.

We'd like to take a moment to both acknowledge and thank those sites for their support in helping make BlockONation one of the most popular new Ohio State Football blogs on the web!

In no particular order:

CBSSports.com

FOXSports.com

BuckeyeExtra.com

BleacherReport.com

SportsTimeOhio.com

TheClevelandFan.com


Again, thanks so very much to those sites for all their support and also, a huge thank you to the fans who have visited the site to date!

I'd also like to personally thank all those individuals who have contributed to the success of the site! I wouldn't be here without your help over the last 8+ years. You all know who you are!

It is our mission here at BlockONation.com to continue to provide top-notch, fresh content for our readers and we will always do everything possible to meet your expectations!

Honestly, I really can't thank you all enough....

HD Handshoe
Founder
BlockONation.com



Thanks for visiting BlockONation
 
Copyright © 2004-2012 BlockONation.com. All rights reserved. Site powered by Blogger. Site design and layout by HD Handshoe. This web site is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Ohio State University. Logos, helmet and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. Some photos on this site courtesy of the Associated Press, The-Ozone.net and Getty Images under the Fair Use Doctrine (Sections 107-118) of the 1976 Copyright Act.