Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Around The "Block" With Buckeye WR James Jackson (2009 Recruit)



I had the pleasure of recently interviewing 2009 Ohio State recruit WR James Jackson. I love the answers he gave in his interview and his attitude and I'm totally excited to share it with every Buckeye fan across BlockONation!

BlockO:
Why did you choose Ohio State over other schools recruiting you and who was most involved in recruiting you from the coaching staff?

JJ:
I chose Ohio State because I believed in coach Tressel and what he has established at Ohio State so far. Coach Hazzel was my recruiter.

BlockO:
What are your personal and team goals for the 2009 season?

JJ:
My personal goals for this season are as follows: To start at receiver, punt return and kick return; To become an All-American at WR; To get 13 touchdowns and 1000 yards receiving; To get at least 7 catches a game; And to become the top receiver in the nation. The goals I have for the team is be ranked #1, win all of our games, blowout USC and Michigan, and to win the National Championship game.

BlockO:
Do you know yet what # you'll be wearing and how much do you think you will be on the field in 2009 or have you been told anything about possibly being red-shirted?

JJ:
I don't know what number I will get and I do not plan on red-shirting because I believe I am one of the best receivers that will be on the team.

BlockO:
How pumped are you for the Week 2 USC prime-time game in the Horseshoe?

JJ:
I'm ready for that USC game—I want to dominate that game and destroy USC.

BlockO:
Do you have a favorite Buckeye player of all-time and NFL favorite player of all-time?

JJ:
My favorite Buckeye is Ted Ginn and my favorite football players of all-time are Micheal Vick and Deion Sanders.

BlockO:
What's your favorite music and who's your favorite artist/band?

JJ:
Rap and R&B are my favorite types of music and my favorite artists of all-time are Notorious BIG, Easy E and Lil' Wayne.

BlockO:
Do you ever visit any of the online Buckeye message boards or Blogs and if so, have you ever posted comments?

JJ:
Yeah, I do because I like to see the negative posts that are about me and feed off of that so I'm always motivated to prove my haters wrong!

BlockO:
Are you in any YouTube videos that you know of?

JJ:
Yeah, my highlight video is on YouTube.

BlockO:
Since you're from Michigan, you must have family and/or friends who are Michigan fans. How did they react to you choosing OSU?

JJ:
Yeah, I have both family and friends that are Michigan fans but they didn't care that I chose OSU. They just want what's best for me. Some are now even switching over to being Buckeye fans.

BlockO:
How fast have you been timed running the 40 yard dash?

JJ:
I ran 4.31 during my Sophomore year but I'm way faster now!

As previously stated above, I love his confident attitude. That's something that's been missing in Columbus for quite some time now.

Hopefully his passion, desire, killer instinct and the fire that seems to obviously burn inside of him, driving him to want to succeed and to be the best, is contagious!

Check out his YouTube highlight video that he mentioned!





Thanks for reading and be sure to comment!





Click For The Block Nation Front Page


Some image(s) copyright of Jim Davidson / TheOzone.net

1 comment:

  1. this my muthafuck nigga from the L-Town my bestfriend nigga for life do yo thang as a BUCKEYE!!!!!!!! BIGDAN

    ReplyDelete

Do you really like or really hate one of our articles?

Do you agree or absolutely disagree with something you've read here?

WE WANT TO KNOW SO PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS!

You can post anonymously or add your name if you like.

Either way, registration is NOT required!

BlockONation's Expanding Web Presence

6/05/2009

Numerous BlockONation articles have been posted on or linked to from some very well known, high-volume sports websites.

We'd like to take a moment to both acknowledge and thank those sites for their support in helping make BlockONation one of the most popular new Ohio State Football blogs on the web!

In no particular order:

CBSSports.com

FOXSports.com

BuckeyeExtra.com

BleacherReport.com

SportsTimeOhio.com

TheClevelandFan.com


Again, thanks so very much to those sites for all their support and also, a huge thank you to the fans who have visited the site to date!

I'd also like to personally thank all those individuals who have contributed to the success of the site! I wouldn't be here without your help over the last 8+ years. You all know who you are!

It is our mission here at BlockONation.com to continue to provide top-notch, fresh content for our readers and we will always do everything possible to meet your expectations!

Honestly, I really can't thank you all enough....

HD Handshoe
Founder
BlockONation.com



Thanks for visiting BlockONation
 
Copyright © 2004-2012 BlockONation.com. All rights reserved. Site powered by Blogger. Site design and layout by HD Handshoe. This web site is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Ohio State University. Logos, helmet and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. Some photos on this site courtesy of the Associated Press, The-Ozone.net and Getty Images under the Fair Use Doctrine (Sections 107-118) of the 1976 Copyright Act.